If I had a little more time, I would go back and find the original story and link to this one, but I told myself I would try to get more stories up here and not get hung up on details like that.
Yesterday, Jaiden had another x-country meet and he did awesome (photos ... yay, maybe later!). He placed 8th on his team but we don't know the overall placement against all the other teams. On the way home though, we needed to swing by the CSA, collect our veggies, head home to drop them off to then turn back out and get Alyssa at volleyball.
Of course, Jaiden was starving and he found this amazing huge watermelon at the stand for $5. He paid for it and we headed to the car.
By the time we got to the car, he had named it George Washington and as I opened the slider door for him, I caught him buckling George in...
very carefully...
... and one more photo before I pulled out of the parking spot because this makes me laugh remembering when he was in 3rd grade/ Alyssa in 1st and the first summer they did this, naming the watermelon George Washington, buckling it in and giggling the whole way home!
As for this year, he's in 8th grade, still names the watermelon George Washington, buckles it in and we joke on the way home.
The best part?
After bringing Alyssa home, she walks in, sees the enormous watermelon and says "Yay, George Washington!"


No comments:
Post a Comment